Scientific specialization and work profile of the institute
The main activity directions of the State Enterprise "Cherkasy State Research Institute of Technical and Economic Information in the Chemical Industry" are:
- conducting current (quarterly) and annual systematic researches of the state of the national chemical industry, strategy making and forecasting its development;
- conducting technical and economic research on certain issues of development of the chemical industry of Ukraine;
- conducting scientific analytical and forecasting research, development of analytical and informational materials on the state of the chemical complex and glass industry of Ukraine, participation in the development of state programs and industry scientific and technical programs;
- conducting research on the determination of emissions of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs), sulfur hexafluoride (SFs) and carbon dioxide emissions from the production and consumption of certain chemical products in Ukraine under the Kyoto Protocol);
- information and analytical activities, carrying out of analytical (conjuncture, technological, patent, environmental) research and reviews related to development of national chemical industry, technology, environmental care of chemical industries, relevant product markets;
- providing advisory services for management decision-making, conducting sectoral marketing research of chemical commodity markets;
- providing scientific and advisory services on the isuues of European legislation REACH and CLP, helding practical workshops on actual issues of REACH/CLP and chemical legislation in different countries;
- development of safety data sheets (SDS / eSDS) and software for companies who manufacture hazardous chemicals and hazardous mixtures;
- conducting research and development in the sphere of technical regulation of production and circulation of chemical products in Ukraine, of harmonization of national standards for technical specifications and methods of analysis of chemical products with international and European standards, implementation of REACH/CLP Regulations and global approaches (SAICM/GPS/GHS programs) into national chemical legislation;
- development of draft national technical regulations "On safety of chemical products" and "On hazard classification, precautionary labeling and packaging of chemical products";
- evelopment of draft national standards (DSTU) for technical specifications and methods of analysis of chemical products;
- preparation and publishing of the scientific magazine "Chemical Industry of Ukraine";
- provision of information and printing services.
State Enterprise "Cherkasy State Research Institute of Technical and Economic Information in the Chemical Industry" carries out only activities that correspond to its main scientific profile, statutory directions of the activities, approved financial plan and strategic development plan of the scientific institution.