on the history of creation, the main directions of scientific and technical activities, the financial and economic condition of the State Enterprise
"Cherkasy State Research and Development Institute of Technical and Economic Information in Chemical Industry"
(SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM")
- Legal address of the institute: 18000, м Черкаси ХХХХ, .
- Historical chronology of the establishment and succession of the institute:
|Date||Name of the document||Full name of the established (renamed) institution and succession||Legal status|
|1.||July 1, 1965||Resolution № 148 of the Council of National Economy of the Kyiv Economic District "On the establishment of the House of Scientific and Technical Propaganda in Cherkasy"||House of Scientific and Technical Propaganda||Separate legal entity|
|2.||December 23, 1969||Order №462 on the Ministry of Chemical Industry of the Ukrainian SSR "On the renaming of HSTP to the Center for Scientific and Technical Movie Information and Propaganda of the Ministry of Chemical Industry of the USSR"||Center for Scientific and Technical Movie Information and Propaganda of the Ministry of Chemical Industry of the USSR||Separate legal entity|
|3.||November 5, 1970||Order № 750 "On merging the Central Bureau of Technical and Economic Information (Kyiv) with the MHP Computing Center (Kyiv) and on the transfer of the Center for Scientific and Technical Movie Information and Propaganda (Cherkasy) for administration by NDITECHIM"||Department of Research and Development Institute of Technical and Economic Research (Cherkasy)||Separate legal entity (separate statute, bank account)|
|4.||August 14, 1990||Order № 470 of the Ministry of Chemical and Petrochemical Industry of the USSR "On the transformation of the department of NDITECHIM (Cherkasy) into the Cherkasy filiation of NDITECHIM"||Cherkasy filiation of the Research and Development Institute of Technical and Economic Research (Cherkasy Branch of NDITEKHIM)||Separate legal entity (separate statute, bank account)|
|5.||March 19, 1996||Order № 48 of the Ministry of Industry of Ukraine "On renaming the Cherkasy filiation of NDITEKHIM to the Cherkasy State Research and Development Institute of Technical and Economic Information in the Chemical Industry"||Cherkasy State Research and Development Institute of Technical and Economic Information in the Chemical Industry (Cherkasy
|Separate legal entity|
|6.||April 17, 1996||Registration of the statute of the state enterprise||State Enterprise "Cherkasy State Research and Development Institute of Technical and Economic Information in Chemical Industry" (SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM")||Separate legal entity|
- Subordination of the institute (as of 01.01.2018): Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
- Scientific status. State Enterprise "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" is the main organization for scientific and technical support in the sphere of "Conducting technical and economic research on certain isuues of chemical industry development, issues related to complying with European legislation REACH" (Certificate of attestation as scientific organization № 386 from 03.12.2012)
According to the order of the Ministry of Industrial Policy of Ukraine № 725 from 29.12.2007, SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" is entrusted with the functions of provision of information and consulting services to chemical complex of Ukraine on issues related to complying with European legislation REACH (in this sphere our institute is unique consulting center in Ukraine).
- Scientific and technical resources. The institute has its own information and statistical databases, profile informational funds on paper and electronic media.
The institute includes the Central Scientific and Technical Library of the Chemical Complex of Ukraine, the informational fund (IF) of which is about 600 thousand copies of printed and electronic publications. The IF includes unique statistical databases, deposited manuscripts, analytical materials fund and other oblects of intellectual property, as the CSTLCH is operating since 1961.
The institute's personnel include highly professional researchers, analysts, marketers, engineers and economists.
SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" together with the Chemists Union of Ukraine are the founders, developers and publishers of the scientific industrial magazine "Chemical Industry of Ukraine".
- The main directions of scientific and technical activities of the institute (according to statutory documents):
- Carrying out systemic and sectoral technical-economic, conjuncture-analytical, marketing, technological researches on issues related to chemical industry;
- Carrying out systemic and sectoral technical-economic, conjuncture-analytical, marketing, technological researches on issues related to glass industry;
- Development of methodology and carrying out calculations of greenhouse gas and other anthropogenic emissions by chemical plants for their inventorization ifor ther purpose of the National Inventory of Emissions from Sources and Absorption by Greenhouse Gas Absorbers in Ukraine in accordance with the Kyoto Protocol requirements. The Institute is the developer of methods for estimating emissions of greenhouse and anthropogenic gases from most chemical industries and resulting from the use of chemical products (in 2018, the Institute had to conduct a mandatory review of previously developed methodology);
- Providing information and advisory assistance to chemical and metallurgical enterprises for the purpose of their exports adaptation to the requirements of the European REACH/CLP and other regulations and other innovations in chemical legislation worldwide, especially in EU and other countries.
- Development of safety data sheets SDS/eSDS for chemical products (substances and mixtures);
- Development of national technical regulations in the sphere of chemical safety
- Monitoring the state of standardization in the chemical industry and the level of harmonization of existing standards with international and EU standards;
- Scientific support and publication together with the Union of Chemists of Ukraine of the scientific industrial magazine"Chemical Industry of Ukraine";
- Reference and informational support of chemical industry enterprises on the basis of open informational resources of scientific and technical information and industry sectoral funds;
- Publishing activities.
Cherkasy NDITEKHIM is the only scientific institution in Ukraine in most of these spheres of scientific activity.
- Scientific research (government order). In 2005-2014, Cherkasy NDITEKHIM performed 20 scientific researches within state orders for applied scientific and technical reserch according to agreements with the Ministry of Industrial Policy of Ukraine, and other ministries and authorities, the most significant of which are the following:
- "Study on opportunities and prospects for the creation of import-substituting industries in the main segments of the chemical industry in order to optimize industrial and innovation policy";
- "Carrying out of forecast analytical researches on development of demand for chemical products in the domestic and export commodity markets";
- "Identification of innovative directions and ways to reduce the volume and specific cost of energy and resources in chemical industry";
- "Study on opportunities for expansion of innovative products production and products with an in-depth level of technological processing in chemical industry in order to ensure structural industrial changes";
- "Development and forecasting of short-term, medium-term and long-term measures for the purpose of chemical industry development";
- "Forecast and analytical study of competitive directions for development of national chemical industry";
- "Research for ways of minimization of the impact of external and internal risks on the development of chemical industry in the medium term period";
- "System analysis of the state of the chemical complex of Ukraine and analytical forecast study of industry development in medium and long term period";
- "Analysis and forecasting of domestic and external price conjuncture for the main types of chemical and petrochemical products. Regulatory policy in the field of energy efficiency and saving in chemical industry ";
- "Research of directions for systematic reforming of industry sector and motivational mechanisms for ensuring constant competitiveness of the chemical industry of Ukraine in the long term period";
- "Research of legislative and program instruments for structural reform of the chemical industry on a competitive raw material and technology basis."
In the structure of the total annual volume of performed scientific and technical reseaches and developments and provided scientific and technical services, the share of budget funding in 2008-2012 was 8-10%.
Since 1991, SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" was directly involved in the development or was the main developer of concepts and programs for the development of the chemical complex of Ukraine for medium and long periods, as well as sub-sectoral (sectoral) programs on various topics.
Since 2011, our institute is carryin out researches related to estimation of greenhouse gas emissions and mechanisms of the Kyoto Protocol, the state of environmental pollution by Ukrainian chemical industry (water, air, solid and liquid industrial waste), assessment of fluorinated gases emissions during production of chemicals, paints and varnishes, pharmaceutical products, construction products, etc.
In 2014-2017, the dominant part of scientific and technical products made by the institute were specialized scientific and technical researches and services for chemical enterprises which were financed on a self-supporting basis.
- Scientific and technical researches and services (acording to order of enterprises and organizations).
SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" performs scientific and technical researches and provides scientific and technical services in accordance with the main directions of its statutory activities through the conclusion of self-supporting agreements with enterprises and organizations of Ukraine and other countries.
Annually, the institute cooperates according to 150-160 agreements for scientific and technical rerserches with residents and non-residents of Ukraine.
The main share of orders for scientific and technical researches and the provision of services consists of Ukrainian chemical enterprises - about 60-65%.
SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" cooperates with on a permanent contractual basis and performes scientific and technical researches and provides services to such key enterprises of Ukrainian chemical industry as: PJSC "Azot", PJSC "Severodonetsk Association AZOT", PJSC "DniproAzot" ", PJSC "Rivneazot", LLC" Polypharb", OJSC" Odessa Port Plant", OJSC" Kremenchug Technical Carbon Plant", CJSC" Rosava ", LLC "Karpatnaftohim", OJSC "Sumykhimprom", OJSC "Inter GTV ", SPE "ZORYA”, "Cherkasy Autochemistry Plant" LLC, OJSC "ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih", "Technophos" LLC, Metinvest holding, etc.
In 2017, Cherkasy NDITEKHIM signed a long-term agreement with SE "Energoatom" for carrying out technical and economic research on chemical products used in the technological and production activities of Ukrainian nuclear power plants.
In 2013-2017, SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" expanded cooperation and performing of scientific and technical researches for non-residents of Ukraine. Leading chemical companies of the Republic of Belarus, Kazakhstan, RF, Belgium, the Republic of Moldova, Lithuania, Lithuania, etc. were regular customers of technical-economic, marketing, market-analytical, technological researches of SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM". The institute also cooperates with IFA, CEFIC and other recognized international organizations related to chemical industry.
The share of works performed and services provided to non-residents of Ukraine in the total structure of income from main activities in the last three years was more than 35-40%.
Within its powers, the Institute provides permanent advisory and expert assistance to the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, the Security Service of Ukraine, the Prosecutor General's Office and other authorities.
- The structure of gross income of SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM". SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" is a profitable commercial scientific institution that operates on the basis of self-supporting.
The total gross income of SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" is formed from several sources: performance of scientific and technical works and services, income from transfer of state property for rent, income from financial assets management, etc.
Revenues from the main activity (performance of scientific and technical works and services) were and are dominant in the structure of gross income of the institute and account for about 80%. The average annual gross income of the institute in the last five years was 2-2.5 million UAH.
SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" for the last five years is regonized as profitable enterprise (net profit: 2011 - 22 thousand UAH., 2012 - 46 thousand UAH. 2013 - 82 thousand UAH., 2015 - 68 thousand UAH, 2016 - 4 thousand UAH, 2017 - 18 thousand UAH)
The institute never had and does not have as of 01.09.2017 no debts on salary payments, budget payments, contributions to social insurance funds and other payments to the state budget.
Director of SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" Kovenya T. V.